Saturday, September 6, 2014

Signs


I'm taking a really interesting class called Beauty and Diversity in the Media. We are learning about the signs the people send through their appearance. I think that's why fashion fascinates me; people communicate a thousand messages by what they choose to wear. People shape their appearance to identify with a certain group, to express nostalgia, to capture attention. 

What did I try to communicate today? I think the bright colors convey a sense of optimism, and a blazer skirt combo always looks polished.

The hotly anticipated Women in Clothes came out this week. It's a collection of varied reflections on how women use clothes to present themselves, and it's at the top of my reading list.

skirt      shoes      similar blazer     similar shirt     




"All the world's a stage, 
and all the men and women merely players:
 they have their exits and their entrances; 
and one man in his time plays many parts, 
his acts being seven ages."
-Shakespeare



No comments:

Post a Comment