Wednesday, November 21, 2012

To DIY for

 
 
And I was like, "Baby, baby, baby, oooooh!" Yesterday was the day of my long-awaited Justin Bieber concert. My friend and I had a lot of fun putting together jazzy outfits for it. I went with a jacket in the best-ever shade of bubblegum pink and some leggings that I made. The leggings were pretty easy to make:
 
1. Decide where you'll be cutting the leggings and pin the outside and inside seams accordingly
 
2. Using fabric scissors, cut squares out of the front and back leaving the outside and inside seams so that the leggings are still in one piece. Remember, better to cut not enough and have to cut more than to cut too much!
 
I layered plain black tights under the leggings for an opaque/sheer contrasting effect.
 
Want to skip the hassle and just buy a pair? You can buy the leggings that inspired me here.
 
shirt, Danskin Now (walmart)
jacket, Charlotte Russe (similar one here)
shoes, Forever 21 (similar ones here)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Other than Carly Rae Jepsen being sick and unable to open the performance, the concert was perfect. I even got to meet Holly from Dance Moms. I'm am a Belieber!
 


2 comments:

  1. fun outfit!

    maybe we can follow each other?
    http://colorloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just followed you on google+ followers:)

      Delete